HUNTINGTON STATION – In front of 1720 New York Ave., Huntington Station / Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 5:10 a.m.
Suffolk County Police today arrested a man today who committed five commercial burglaries this month in Huntington Station.
Second Precinct Police Officers Michael Buscarino and Vincent Dilluvio were on patrol when they noticed a man drinking an open container of alcohol in front of 1720 New York Ave., in Huntington Station at approximately 5:10 a.m. The suspect gave a false name and the officers transported the suspect to the Second Precinct.
Further investigation by Second Squad detectives, revealed that the suspect, Jose Benitez, was responsible for five commercial burglaries that occurred between March 17 and March 23. Below are the dates, times, and locations of the burglaries.
· March 23 at approximately 4 a.m. – Promesas Christian Book Store, located at New York Ave., Huntington Station
· March 23 at approximately 3:30 a.m. – Checkers, located at 1680 New York Ave., Huntington Station
· Between March 20 at 7 p.m. and March 21- at 8 a.m. – Variedades Belen, located at 1671 New York Ave., Huntington Station
· March 21, at approximately 4:55 a.m. – Sunny’s Discount, located at 1345 New York Ave., Huntington Station
· March 17, at approximately 4 a.m. – Best for Less, located at 1711 New York Ave., Huntington Station
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.